1. Your first official step is to fully complete our claim form and return same to your broker representative or us, ASAP but definitely within 30 days.
The forms are available from your brokers, our office or website.
2. For contents, prepare an inventory of damaged / lost items available with date of purchase, purchase price, replacement cost or repair estimate.
3. For building, have a detailed estimate from the repairer.
4. Make yourself available for the claims adjuster to survey premises and take photos etc.
Allow at least one hour for this process.
(Have documents ready, e.g. site plan, claim documents).
6. Ensure that all known damage is pointed out to the adjuster .
7. The adjuster will have local rate sheets for similar types of building repairs and will prepare his costing based on measurements taken by him.
If his costing is in line with your estimate / claim the adjuster might request that you sign Proof of Loss Form which verifies that you accept the amount proposed to you by the adjuster as your loss.
8. The adjuster will then send their report to us and we compare your loss with the policy coverage in place.
9. Should your loss be covered under the policy we will issue settlement cheque and final policy discharge form within 5 days (in extreme situations may be longer).
Info required about Damaged items:
3. Year Purchased
4. Original Cost
5. Replacement / repair cost
Our claims team is always available to guide you in the most efficient way to recover from your loss and get back to the position you were prior to the incident.