Burglary, Housebreaking, Theft And Fire Incident.
1. Immediately report all these incidents to the police and the Fire service, in case of fire.
2. Where a crime has been committed do not tamper with any potential evidence before the arrival of the police.
3. Take photos where possible to show entry, exit and damage.
4. Contact our Claims Department or your broker representative as soon as possible.
5. List all damage / loss to building and contents.
6. Locate and secure you insurance policy and any other personal contractual documents.
Losses From Major Perils – Flood, Hurricane etc. On Happening Of A Loss
1. Take photos of damage.
2. Secure premises with board, tarpaulins etc. to prevent further loss or damage to building and contents.
3. Keep all invoices and receipts for sums spent in securing the premises.
4. Contact our Claims Department or your broker representative as soon as possible for guidance.
5. Clean up debris.
6. Salvage as much as possible. Dry out electrical items, clothing etc.
7. If necessary, use a generator to run essential electrical appliances e.g. freezers.
8. If the premises are rendered uninhabitable, seek reasonably priced temporary alternative accommodation. There is some coverage under your policy.