The SMARTprotect Policy is insurance protection for your handset against theft, liquid damage and/or physical damage*. If your phone is stolen, SMARTprotect will replace it* or if it has physical or liquid damage, SMARTprotect will cover the cost of repair and restore standard functionality of the handset.
How can you get SMARTprotect?
Upon purchase of your handset from our partner Smart Mobile Solutions, you must register and pay for the insurance.
1. The policy you collect is not a legal document until the registration process is complete.
2. You cannot make a claim if the registration process is not completed.
3. Registration is complete when you have discussed the terms and conditions of the Policy with the Insurance company and paid the Full premium or the first installment.
4. Registration must be completed within fourteen (14) days from the purchase of the phone.
How long does SMARTprotect cover your phone?
Each SMARTprotect Policy is valid for eighteen (18) months* from the date of the completion of the registration process.
How can you make a claim on your SMARTprotect policy?
1. Call the insurer at 926-5442 and advise that you intend to make a claim.
2. If your phone was stolen ensure that you report it to the police within 48 hours of it being stolen. The insurer will need to see a copy of the police report receipt;
3. In the case of claims for repair of the handset you will need to take in the damaged handset to the participating retailer
4. You must provide all the supporting documentation and evidence to validate the claim. If this is not done within ninety (90) days from reporting the claim, the claim will expire.